Explore the Pula Arena and other wonders near the coast
From Park Plaza Arena Pula, you can take a lovely stroll to the beach or make the four-kilometre drive to the centre of Pula, a fascinating city on the lush Istrian Peninsula in Croatia. Pula is home to world-class historic attractions like the Roman Arena, the Roman Forum and the Kaštel fortress. On holiday with the family? Be sure to stop by the aquarium at Fort Verudela, only 200 metres from the hotel.
After sightseeing, we provide everything you need to relax, from a fabulous spa to a sea-water pool. Our sister hotel, Park Plaza Verudela Pula, offers tennis courts and other sports facilities nearby. When you’re ready to head home, you’ll appreciate our proximity to Pula Airport (PUY), just 10 kilometres away.
Consider these nearby attractions for your itinerary:
- Aquarium Pula (in Fort Verudela, 200 m)
Located in an antique fort, this seasonal aquarium contains a wealth of underwater life, including marine creatures from both saltwater and freshwater environments.
T: +385 52 381 402
- Sports Centre at Park Plaza Verudela Pula (500 m)
Looking for an afternoon of fun? Our sister hotel boasts a sports centre with tennis, table tennis, mini golf and five-to-a-side football.
T: +385 52 590 781
- Orca Diving Centar (800 m)
A diving course at this professional facility can help you get started on a journey to the incredible fathoms of the deep sea.
T: +385 98 409 850
- Verudela Shopping Avenue (800 m)
Pick up a souvenir for yourself, some confectionery for the kids and fashionable outfits for the whole family at this nearby shopping and dining district.
T: +385 52 590 781
- Lungomare (1.5 km)
Stroll along the shores of the Adriatic Sea on this 12-kilometre promenade.
- Pula Arena (Roman Amphitheatre) (4 km)
Resembling the Colosseum in Rome, this amphitheatre was constructed in the first century AD and was later enlarged for gladiator fights. Today, it’s the local hot spot for outdoor concerts.
T: +385 52 219 028
- Historical and Maritime Museum of Istria (4 km)
Pula’s legendary castle (Kaštel) houses this tribute to Istria’s long and turbulent military history. Experience Istrian life from the Roman occupation through the Austro-Hungarian monarchy.
T: +385 52 211 566
- Brijuni (Brioni) National Park (15 km)
This exquisite archipelago of 14 islands lies just off the coast of Croatia. At Brijuni (Brioni) National Park, you can tour archaeological sites, including two Roman villas, the 13th-century St. Mary's Church and the remains of a Byzantine temple.
T: +385 52 525 888
- Bicycle hire
- The hotel is located near numerous bike trails. Enquire at the front desk for more information.
- Bus station (walking distance)
- Operated by Pulapromet, the public bus shuttles passengers between the city of Pula and Park Plaza Verudela Pula every 20 minutes.
- Private airport (5 km)
- A private service offers panoramic views of Pula and its surroundings. For more information, enquire at the front desk.
- Pula Airport (PUY) (7 km)
- One-way journeys to the Park Plaza hotel cost approximately €25 by taxi and take about 20 minutes.
- In the summer months, a shuttle operates between downtown Pula and the PUY airport (fees may apply).
Additional historical attractions
- Giardini Park (4 km)
- Temple of Augustus (4 km)
- Triumphal Arch of the Sergi (Golden Gate) (4 km)
- Twin Gates (4 km)
- Venetian Fortress (Kaštel) (4 km)
- Dimensions Festival
- Outlook Festival