Explore from This Hotel in Central Ahmedabad
Known across the globe for its vibrant festivals, major business centres and cultural attractions, Ahmedabad is a thriving city that is filled with things to see and do. The Park Plaza Ahmedabad is strategically located near Ellis Bridge with easy access to cutting-edge institutions like the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), the Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), National Institute of Design (NID), Gujarat Vidyapeeth and the Nirma University of Science and Technology. Nearby attractions include the Sidi Sayed Mosque, Kankaria Lake and the fascinating Calico Museum.This hotel in central Ahmedabad is near the following attractions:
- Adalaj Vav (12 miles)
A beautifully chiseled step well, Adalaj Vav is counted amongst the finest architectural structures of Gujarat. The well features numerous intricate designs and sculptures that enthrall visitors. In addition to conserving water for drinking purposes, it also serves as a cooling chamber in the hot summer months.
- Akshardham Temple (18 miles)
Visited by more than 2 million people each year, this unique sandstone edifice is dedicated to the Swaminarayan faith. It is home to idols of Hindu Lord Swaminarayan, the founder of Swaminarayan faith, and it is a must-see masterpiece of craftsmanship.
- Calico Museum (2 miles):
One of the most highly regarded textile museums in the world and an important Indian institution, the Calico Museum boasts an outstanding collection of Indian fabrics that exemplify handicraft textiles spanning five centuries.
- Kankaria Lake (3.5 miles)
This artificial lake features 34 sides and was built by Sultan Qutab-ud-Din in the year 1451 A.D. It also has an island summer palace, plus a zoo and a children's park located nearby.
- Sabarmati Ashram (3.4 miles)
The Sabarmati Ashram was one of the residences of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. It is now a national monument due to its significance in the Indian independence movement. With 78 companions, Gandhi marched from here towards Dandi, 241 miles away, in protest of the British Salt Law.
- Sidi Sayed Mosque (1.3 miles):
The Sidi Sayed Mosque was built in 1573 by Sidi Sayed and is famous its twin pierced-stone windows that are crafted to invoke the image of a palm tree with leaves and curving tendrils.
- By Air: Sardar Vallabhbhai International Airport is nine miles from the hotel. Flights operate between Ahmedabad and other major cities of Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Goa and Jaipur.
Air India, Indian Airlines, Alliance Air, Jet Airways, Spice Jet, Go Air and Indigo Airline provide scheduled air services to Ahmedabad, which has direct international connections to Sharjah, Kuwait, Muscato, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. It is also connected to Europe and the USA.
- By Rail: Ahmedabad Junction railway station is approximately three miles from Park Plaza. The city is directly connected to several cities of India, including Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata. One can take a train from any part of India to Ahmedabad because of the strong and efficient network of the Indian Railway.
- By Road: Ahmedabad is well connected with an excellent network of roadways to neighboring cities. Gujarat State Transport Corporation runs daily bus service to major cities within Gujarat, and there are a number of state transport buses that connect Ahmedabad with Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.